In a survey conducted by Hubspot, 60% of marketers agreed that inbound marketing (SEO and content) generates the most high-quality leads. It’s an apparent reason why businesses are more focused on SEO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) brings you results when the SEO expert is pro at it. If you are finding it challenging and looking for how to hire SEO experts who drive results, you’ve reached the right place.
In this article, we’ll discuss why and how to hire SEO experts. So, you can pick a top expert who breathe life into your business goals.
Why Hire an SEO Expert?
Online visibility can make or break your business. The question of whether to hire an SEO agency or expert is more pertinent than ever. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a dynamic and complex field, and here are compelling reasons why it’s often best to bring in the professionals:
Specialized Knowledge and Expertise
SEO is a nuanced discipline that involves constant adaptation to ever-evolving search engine algorithms. SEO experts and agencies have in-depth knowledge, experience, and training to stay on top of the latest industry trends and best practices.
Time and Resource Efficiency
Optimizing a website for search engines involves a multitude of tasks, including keyword research, on-page and off-page optimization, content creation, and more. By outsourcing these responsibilities to experts, you can free up your time and resources to focus on what you do best – running your business.
Through tailoring strategies, SEO professionals match your specific industry, target audience, and business goals. They provide local SEO, e-commerce SEO, and other specialized approaches to help you accomplish your objectives.
Access to Tools and Technology
SEO agencies and experts have access to a suite of advanced SEO tools and analytics platforms. These tools provide valuable insights, track performance, and help make data-driven decisions to enhance your SEO efforts.
A professional SEO approach is results-oriented. Experts set clear goals, track progress, and make adjustments to ensure you see a substantial improvement in search engine rankings, organic traffic, and, ultimately, conversions.
Staying Ahead of Algorithm Changes
Search engine algorithms change frequently, and SEO experts are well-prepared to adapt to these changes. They maintain and improve your website’s ranking, even in the face of algorithm updates.
While there is a cost associated with hiring SEO experts or agencies, the long-term benefits significantly outweigh the initial investment. Increased visibility, organic traffic, and improved website performance lead to higher conversions and revenue over time.
7 Effective Tips for Hiring SEO Experts
Hiring an SEO expert can be a game-changer for your business’s online presence. These professionals are equipped with the knowledge and skills to boost your website’s visibility and drive organic traffic. However, finding the right SEO expert for your specific needs can be a challenge. To help you make an informed decision, here are seven top tips on how to hire SEO experts:
Define Your SEO Goals
Before you begin the hiring process, it’s crucial to understand what you want to achieve with SEO. Do you need to improve your website’s rankings, increase organic traffic, or focus on local SEO? Clearly defining your goals will help you find an expert with the right skill set. Let’s dive into detailed content on how to define your SEO goals.
- Understand Your Business Objectives: Align your SEO goals with your broader business objectives. What do you want to achieve as a business? Are you looking to increase sales, generate leads, improve brand awareness, or provide valuable information to your audience?
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Translate your business goals into specific KPIs that can be measured. For example, if your business goal is to increase online sales, your KPI might be a 20% increase in e-commerce revenue over the next six months.
- Set SMART Goals: SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Your SEO goals should adhere to these criteria. For instance, a SMART goal could be: “Increase organic website traffic by 30% within the next six months.”
- Consider Different Aspects of SEO: SEO goals encompass various aspects of optimization, such as improving website rankings, increasing organic traffic, boosting conversion rates, or enhancing user experience. Make sure to address all the relevant facets.
- Prioritize Goals: Prioritize goals based on their importance and impact on your business. This helps in resource allocation and avoids spreading efforts too thin.
- Research and Competitor Analysis: Analyze your industry and competitors to understand the landscape. Your SEO goals should consider where you stand in comparison to others in your field.
- Continuous Review and Adjustments: SEO goals are not set in stone. Regularly review your goals and adjust them if needed, especially if there are significant changes in your business or industry.
Examples of Common SEO Goals
- Increase organic search traffic by X% over the next year.
- Improve website ranking for specific keywords.
- Boost the click-through rate (CTR) in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Enhance user experience and reduce bounce rates.
- Increase the number of high-quality backlinks to your site.
- Optimize website loading speed for better user experience and search ranking.
- Generate more leads or online sales through organic traffic.
Seek Proven Expertise
Look for SEO experts who have a track record of success. Ask for case studies, references, or examples of their previous work. A seasoned professional will have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability to achieve results. Here’s a deep dive into how you can seek one’s proven expertise:
- Review Their Portfolio: Ask potential SEO experts or agencies for a portfolio of their past work. This should include case studies, examples of websites they’ve optimized, and the results they’ve achieved. Look for specific data, such as improvements in search rankings, organic traffic, and conversions.
- Check References: Request references from past clients and contact them for feedback. Hearing about the experiences of others who have worked with the expert or agency can provide valuable insights into their capabilities.
- Online Reviews and Reputation: Research the expert or agency online. Read reviews on platforms like Google, Yelp, or industry-specific review websites. A positive online reputation is a good indicator of their expertise.
- Certifications and Affiliations: Many SEO professionals belong to industry organizations and hold certifications. These can be a sign of their commitment to continuing education and adherence to industry best practices.
- Ask About Industry Experience: Different industries may have unique SEO challenges. If your business operates in a specific niche, inquire about the expert’s experience in that field. Experience in your industry can be a valuable asset.
- Interview Them: Schedule an interview or consultation with the SEO expert or agency. Use this opportunity to ask about their past projects, their approach to SEO, and how they plan to address your unique needs and goals.
Stay Updated with Industry Knowledge
Staying updated with industry knowledge helps you manage and monitor your business’s search engine optimization efforts. In the ever-evolving field of SEO, what worked yesterday might not work today. Here’s how you can stay updated with industry knowledge:
- Follow Industry Blogs and Websites: Regularly read and follow sources like Moz, Search Engine Journal, and Search Engine Land to learn SEO.
- Participate in Webinars and Seminars: Attend webinars, seminars, and virtual conferences hosted by industry experts. These events often provide insights into the latest trends and algorithm changes.
- Join Industry Forums and Communities: Participate in SEO forums and communities, such as those on Reddit or specialized SEO groups on social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Follow Google’s Official Updates: Google often shares important updates and guidelines through its official blog and search console. Staying tuned to these resources is essential, as Google is the dominant search engine.
Assess Communication Skills
Effective communication is key when working with an SEO expert. They should be able to explain their strategies and progress clearly. Look for experts who are responsive, transparent, and willing to collaborate with your team. Consider the pointers below to assess the communication skills of an SEO expert.
- Discuss Reporting: Inquire about the frequency and format of reporting. Regular reports that outline progress and results are a sign of transparent communication.
- Response Time: Send an initial inquiry or request for information and observe how quickly and effectively they respond. This can be an indicator of their responsiveness.
- Clarity and Transparency: Assess the clarity and transparency of their communication. Do they use technical jargon without explanation, or do they make an effort to ensure you understand what they’re saying?
- Feedback and Questions: During your discussions, ask questions and provide feedback. An expert who values your input and responds constructively demonstrates effective communication.
- Expectations for Communication: Set clear expectations for communication from the outset. Determine how often you’ll receive updates and reports and what channels will be used for communication.
Understand Their Approach
Every SEO expert may have a slightly different approach. Some may focus on technical aspects, while others emphasize content creation and link building. You should understand their approach, and below is how you can do it:
- Ask for a Detailed Strategy: Request a breakdown of their SEO strategy. This should include on-page optimization, off-page optimization, keyword research, content creation, link-building, and any other relevant techniques.
- Understand Technical SEO: Inquire about their approach to technical SEO, which involves optimizing your website’s structure, speed, and crawlability. A well-rounded strategy should encompass technical aspects.
- Content Strategy: Understand how they plan to address content creation and optimization and how it aligns with your target audience’s needs and search intent.
- Keyword Research: Discuss their keyword research process. This includes identifying high-value keywords, understanding search intent, and selecting the most relevant and achievable targets.
- Link Building: Ask about their approach to link building. Ensure it adheres to ethical practices and focuses on acquiring high-quality backlinks that enhance your website’s authority.
- Local SEO and Mobile Optimization: If your business is location-specific or targets mobile users, understand how their approach addresses local SEO and mobile optimization.
- Competitor Analysis: An effective approach often involves analyzing your competitors. Inquire about their methods for competitive analysis and how they inform your strategy.
- Algorithm Updates: Discuss how they stay updated and adjust their approach to changes in search engine algorithms.
- Tracking and Reporting: Understand how they track progress and measure results. Regular reporting should be a part of their approach, with key performance indicators (KPIs) clearly defined.
SEO services can vary widely in cost. Be cautious of extremely low-cost services, as they may not deliver the desired results. At the same time, consider your budget and find an SEO expert or agency that offers a balance between quality and affordability. Here’s a detailed exploration of how to budget appropriately for SEO:
- Conduct Competitive Analysis: Research your competitors to understand what they are investing in SEO. While you don’t need to match their budget exactly, this can provide a reference point.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Determine the key performance indicators that you’ll use to measure the success of your SEO campaign. This could include metrics like organic traffic, keyword rankings, and conversion rates.
- In-House vs. Outsourcing: Decide whether you’ll handle SEO in-house or outsource it to an agency or consultant like VinnCorp. In-house efforts may require training and software costs, while outsourcing incurs service fees.
- Tools and Software: Invest in SEO tools and software for keyword research, backlink analysis, and performance tracking. Many tools offer both free and premium versions.
- Website Maintenance: Regular maintenance and updates to your website are necessary for SEO. Include these costs in your budget.
Tracking and Reporting: Budget for analytics software and reporting tools to measure and monitor your SEO performance.
- Review and Adjust: Periodically review your budget to ensure that it aligns with your goals and business needs. Be prepared to adjust as necessary.
Get Everything in Writing
Once you’ve chosen an SEO expert, ensure that all terms, expectations, and deliverables are clearly outlined in a written agreement or contract. This document should include the scope of work, timelines, and pricing. Here’s how you can get everything in writing for an SEO expert:
- Consult with a Legal Professional: If you’re not well-versed in contract law, consult with a legal professional or attorney who specializes in contracts to help you draft or review the agreement.
- Include a Clear Scope of Work: Specify the exact services that the SEO expert or agency will provide. This should encompass keyword research, on-page and off-page optimization, content creation, link-building, reporting, and any other relevant tasks.
- Timelines and Deadlines: Define timelines for project milestones and deadlines for achieving specific goals. This helps track progress and ensures timely delivery of services.
- Payment Terms: Outline the payment structure, including the total cost, payment schedule (e.g., monthly or quarterly), and any upfront fees or retainers.
- Termination Clauses: Include clauses that explain the circumstances under which the contract can be terminated by either party and the process for doing so.
- Ownership of Work: Clarify who owns the work produced during the engagement. In many cases, you should retain ownership of your website and its content.
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure: Include clauses that protect your sensitive business information and data from being disclosed or used for any purpose other than the SEO campaign.
- Signatures: Ensure that the contract is signed and dated by both parties. Electronic signatures are typically legally valid.
- Keep Copies: Make sure to keep copies of the signed contract for your records, and share a copy with the SEO expert or agency for their records as well.
Hire SEO Specialists to Get You Traffic and Leads
Looking for an SEO specialist who promises to bring traffic and leads? VinnCorp has got you covered.
We are a remote talent company and provide top SEO experts to help businesses build strong online visibility. From increasing a significant percentage of website traffic to generating leads, they have a strong track record of unlocking potential revenue for businesses.
Hire professional SEO experts to witness your online success.